Sunday, July 01, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cheescake Bars

This is one of my favorite recipes and also one of the easiest!!  Only 5 ingredients!


Ingredients:
1 tube (18 oz.) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease an 8 inch square pan.  Press half of the dough onto the bottom of the pan.  In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.  Spread over cookie dough.  Crumble remaining dough on top.  Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack. Cut into approximately 12-16 bars.



When I went to the store today I was disappointed to only find 16oz or 32oz tubes of chocolate chip cookie dough.  I decided to buy the 32oz tube, and wing it.  With the remaining 14oz of chocolate chip cookie dough I decided to make "Chocolate chip cheese cake cups"!

Here is my modified recipe for the filling:
1.5 packages (12 oz.) cream cheese (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
1.5 eggs (I cracked the egg into a bowl and only added ~1/2 to the batter)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
-Beat ingredients together until smooth. 

For cups:
-Split 14oz of chocolate chip cookie dough in half for bottom and top of cups.
-Bake for 25-30min at 350 degrees.
-Makes ~7 cups.

Enjoy these simple and delicious treats!!

(ok so I turned  a non-cupcake recipe into a cookiecup recipe...what can I say, any excuse to use my cupcake pan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment